Retail Sales Associate
We are currently looking for a talented, professional sale associate for our high end tea shop at Westfield mall in Century City. We will only accept candidates with industry experience working at high end dining establishments. Experience working in upscale dining, cocktails and wine. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with high standards of professionalism and adherence to upscale dining standards. We expect applicants to have relevant experience when they walk through the door.
Training Start Date: November 2018
Starting Date: January 2019
Position Title: Retail Sale Associate
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
The retail sale associate is responsible for preparing and serving tea drinks consistent with the tea shop’s standard drink recipes. The retail sale associate is also responsible for providing professional, friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all our guests.
Tea Den is the funky punk child of its parent company, Denong Tea Inc. While Denong Tea Inc. represents the premium-luxury end of the tea spectrum, Tea Den embodies the same caliber of sophistication, quality, and health, albeit in an alternative product and environmental aesthetic. It taps a direct line that speaks to the ever-evolving culture of hyper-conscious, curious, and interconnected communities and individuals.
We pride ourselves in being rooted in the quintessentially Angeleno lifestyle of health, cultural wealth, and expressive hybridity.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication and customer engagement skills
- Experience working in a high stress, high expectation environment with a commitment to detail
- Team focused work ethic
- Prior upscale restaurant experience is a must
- Friendly and able to build a rapport with guests to establish customer retention
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline to assure projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be willing to work shifts that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with confidence and command the attention of small and large parties
- General understanding of POS systems
- Must possess creative problem solving abilities to deal with high pressure situations
General Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare to-go tea drinks, both hot and cold and serve guests.
- Speak eloquently and understand the different menu items and accessories sold
- Prioritize guests’ needs above service team member convenience
- Gain insights to a guests dining preferences through verbal and nonverbal cues
- Maintain the ambiance and service standards of the company at all times
- Strong working knowledge of the world’s tea making regions and tea styles
- Prepare bar for service by preparing/refilling needed items, setting decorations, condiments, flowers, napkins, service wares, polishing glassware and polishing utensils.
- Adhere to sanitation, safety, and beverage control policies.
- Help guests select beverages by presenting menu, suggesting drinks; explaining the tea master and company specialties, identifying appropriate teas, answering tea preparation questions.
- Obtain revenues by totaling charges, issuing bill, accepting payment, delivering bill and payment to host, returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility for up to eight (8) hours
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle:
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on gift shop items, food and beverage
- Healthy lifestyle
- Huge Learning and development opportunities
- High End professional training
- Team-spirited colleagues
- Must have a bachelor degree
- Healthy and energetic appearance
- Candidate must have authorization to work in the United States
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and ServSafe certified preferred
Candidate need to send a profile picture with resume. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org